Wednesday, April 13, 2011

EXPRESS YOUR LOVE

After you’ve collected coupons in the mail, online and through cutouts in your weekly sales flyer, your next step is to contact companies that make some of your favourite foods. Being a gluten intolerant, I find a lot of the coupons useable for my husbands groceries, but not for those labeled gluten free. The answer – I sent the supplier of my favourite bread a quick email expressing how I loved their product and simply asked for some coupons. Within days they sent me a handful of savings I could use on any one of their products in any of my local supermarkets.

Then I waited for my bread to be on sale (and it was within a number of days) and hit the store for my discounts. Here’s what I saved:

Gluten Free Bread on sale for $4.34 (regular $6.99)
Used a Buy One Get One Free Coupon and one $1 off coupon
Total = $7.68

My total savings was $13.29, since regular price would have been $20.97!

To sum it up – my tip to you today is to write your favourite food manufacturers and express your love for their product. Bottom line you’re not out anything in the end if they reject your request.

No comments:

Post a Comment