Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Let the Coupon Clipping Begin

After searching our house for long lost coupons I had laying around, I found a handful of savings for baby food as well as a few to my local Co-op store. I was about to test the coupon clipping waters for the first time in 28 years and see what sort of savings I could come home with. First place I hit was our local Superstore, here are the savings I found:

Goodstart Formula $25.44 (regular $28.99) with a $5 off manufacturer coupon
Danone Baby Rice Cereal 2/$6 (regular $3.99 each)
Nestle Baby Rice Cereal $2.77 each (regular $3+) with a 0.50 off manufacturer coupon
Gerber Baby Food 0.60 each (bought four) (regular 0.70 + each)

Now I know just looking you’re probably thinking that it doesn’t look like I saved a ton, but by not only buying products on sale combined with some coupons I doubled my savings! Think about it this way, normally a can of formula would run me $29, but I got the above list for only $31.11. That works out to a savings of over 12.43! Not bad for my first time out.

My next stop was my local Co-op store where I had a few store coupons, paired with a sale and some rev up rewards (money you get off groceries for gassing up at any Co-op gas station). Here are the savings I found:

Co-op Gold Potato Chips Free Large Bag Coupon (regular $1.66) = FREE
Co-op Gold Maple Cookies $2 off coupon (regular $3.49) = $1.49
Ocean’s Tuna 3/$2.97 sale
Rev up reward $0.57
Rev up reward $0.83
Rev up reward $1.80

This trip ended up leaving me with a savings of 84% and a very big sense of accomplishment. Even though I only bought five items here, regular price they would have cost me $8.12 and I spent a mere $1.26. That adds up to $6.86 in savings!! There’s nothing wrong with that!

Two shopping trips in and what can I say, I’m hooked .Let the coupon clipping begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment